Hurricane Safety Resources
Posted - Sep 18, 2017
As we watch how communities and volunteers are coming together in response to Harvey’s aftermath, we are truly inspired and encouraged that even through tragic events, we as a nation can come together and help our neighbors in need. ASSE Region III is proud to be a part of this effort and want to do our part in meeting those needs.
To assist our first responders and volunteers participating in the ongoing clean-up efforts, here are some links to resources available to help keep those workers safe.
- Red Cross Hurricane Safety Checklist
- OSHA Fact Sheet Worker Safety during Hurricane Cleanup and Recovery
- OSHA Fact Sheet Tree Trimming Safety
- OSHA Fact Sheet Sandbags during Flood Disasters
- OSHA Fact Sheet Portable Generator Safety
- OSHA Fact Sheet Mold Hazards during Disaster Cleanup
- OSHA Fact Sheet Hurricane Cleanup PPE Matrix
- OSHA Fact Sheet floodcleanup
- NIH FEMA Protecting Yourself Post-Disaster Cleanup
- CSB Safety Alert Precautions during Oil and Chem Facility Startup